Dear Company Partners,
You are essential to the success of our annual Fall Campaign. Without you, we could not provide the critical funds needed in our fight to improve health, education, and financial stability.
What binds us together is the belief that each of us has a stake in the success of our fellow citizens. United, we can ensure our community thrives. Whether this is your first time as an Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) or you’re a seasoned veteran, we are here to help you have a successful campaign from start to finish.
On behalf of all of the people served in our community, we thank you for coordinating your 2020 workplace giving campaign.
2020 Workplace Campaign - Steps to Success
Step 1: Prepare
- Determine how you will hold your campaign - paper forms, electronic, or a hybrid method.
- Virtually attend United Way's Campaign Training
- Set your campaign dates
- Assemble your Campaign Team
- Set your Campaign Goal
Step 2: Build a Communication Plan
- Browse the Resource Library (below) and determine which tools you will use
- Arrange a United Way Speaker (virtual or in-person)
- Determine multiple ways you can reach your employees - email, Intranet, Yammer/Slack/Workplace postings, posters...
- Consider a virtual Kickoff event or other special events
- Will you utilize any incentives or prizes?
- Go over your plan with your United Way staff member
Step 3: Execute Your Plan!
- Communicate with employees at least four times - on launch day, mid-campaign, a final push, and of course - a thank you.
- Provide live updates on Campaign progress and celebrate milestones
- Keep it short - 2 weeks or less is plenty of time for a majority of companies
- Contact United Way with any concerns or for assistance
Online Giving Campaign
Sample Online Campaign Results Sheet
Company Campaign Materials
Employee Campaign Coordinator Guide - Find out the best tips and tricks to run a successful campaign.
Summary Report - Submit with a copy of each pledge form.
Partner Agency Listing - List includes each United Way partner charity, synopsis of services, and contact information.
What A Dollar Buys - It doesn't take a larger gift to make a large impact. This sheet details the local impact of various donation sizes.
Strengthening Families and Youth
Self Sufficiency - This option has a space for your companies logo.
Self Sufficiency -This option does not have a space for your companies logo.
Health & Crisis Intervention- This option has a space for your companies logo.
Health & Crisis Intervention-This option does not have a space for your companies logo.
Strengthening Families & Youth- This option has a space for your companies logo.
Strengthening Families & Youth-This option does not have a space for your companies logo.
Goal Thermometer- Contact UW Staff to have your specific company campaign dates and dollar goal added to these posters.
Local Impact Stories
New River Valley Community Action
Children's Health Improvement Partnership
Valley Interfaith Childcare Center
(Note: All names have been changed for confidentiality purposes.)
United Way Videos
United Way's Holiday Meal Box Program
Partner Agency Videos
Community Health Center of the NRV
Literacy Volunteers of the New River Valley